Tuesday 5 February 2013

More tea vicar?

I may only be in my twenties but I am not ashamed to say I LOVE TEA especially if it is out of a lovely old china tea cup. I have a serious aversion to new mugs with their thick ceramic which gets in the way of a good cup of tea and always seems to burn your lips then when the mug is cooled the tea is cold?! The only new mugs I seem to like are ones from Cath Kidston, these are okay when you want a mega mug of tea, but you still don't get the same effect, even if it is from the wonderful Cath herself.

So in honour of the humble cup of tea here are some pictures of my vintage collection of crockery I have collected for my wedding, then for hire for anyone else who enjoys tea out of a nice cup oooh and a slab of cake!!







8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is an impressive collection. I would spend all my time just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous! Just love vintage china.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty collection..I love tea in a bone china cup!
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous collection ... my favourite are the mid century ones with green on ... very cute ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, what a collection! I recognise a few patterns in there from my Grandma's cupboard. She was a stickler for using a cup and saucer.

    I love a mug of tea myself but am very particular about which sort - the china mustn't be too thick or too thin. The Emma Bridgewater range is a firm favourite in this house.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gillian, I have never tried anything from emma bridgewater range and keep meaning too! I absolutely love the glassware she does I would love one of her glass cake stands to add to my collection x

      Delete
  6. I appreciate pretty tea cups as well and have collected a few lovelies over the years, too. Yours are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful teacups! Such a nice idea to collect them for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete