Sunday 17 February 2013

On A Sunny Sunday Afternoon

What a lovely day it is today! I feel like I haven't seen the sun is so long it hurts my eyes like I am a little blind mole! There are signs of spring everywhere it is so nice to know it is within reaching distance now!

I feel like I haven't blogged for ages but I have been busy with website building, working, wedding planning and furniture restoration!

Any hoo we took advantage of this mornings bright sunlight and Mum and I got up at the crack of dawn with the packed up car and set up shop at our local car boot sale. After a clear out at both of our houses and a few of my granny's unwanted brass bits and bobs we ended up making over £50.00 for four hours work! Not bad I say!

Me being me, I couldn't resist a browse around the other stalls and found a quirky 1950's clothes cat shaped brush, a pink jug, a pretty orange cake stand  and some silver sugar tongs to add to my hire collection all for under a tenner! get in!

I have also been collecting a 1960's Portmerion coffee set in the Magic City pattern, found three coffee cups to make my numbers up on ebay they arrived this week so pleased!

Now I plan on relaxing for the rest of the afternoon, with a little light reading to take my mind off the scary work meeting I have tomorrow! Yikes!













Hope everyone else is enjoying this sunshine whilst it lasts!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice collection of booted finds! good luck with the scary meeting....it will be over before you know it?
    Daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura You won my giveaway!!! Hurrah!!! let me know your details and i will post out to you asap....
    Daisy j xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that cat - AND the pink jug! It sounds like you are in the middle of some exciting times - keep us posted x Jane

    ReplyDelete